Terms and Conditions
- All our (i.e. “DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS the Organization”) products are subject to these Terms and Conditions and the same shall govern the contract between the Client and Flying Squirrel Holidays.
- ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS (“the Organization”) plans and organizes holidays for clients. The Organization does not own or control any aircraft, ship, hotels or coaches or any other means of transportation or any other facility or services. The Organization takes care in selecting all the principles however they have no controls on running them. The Organization, as such, cannot be held responsible for any lack of services / quality of services of any independent agency, airlines, transport hotel or any other service provider.
- In the event of booking of any third party tours or travel products or services like cruise, flights, coaches, hotels, sightseeing etc, the Terms and Conditions specified by such Tour Operator, including their payment schedule, cancellation, refund etc. shall be applicable in addition to the Organization’s Terms and Conditions. Consequently, if any delay, injury, death, loss or damage is caused on the above account, does not render the Organization liable to the Clients who have chosen us as organizers.
- The Organization reserves the right to decline to book any person/s for any Tour or to cancel their booking if it is deemed necessary.
- ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS reserves the absolute right to amend, alter, vary or change any tour, holiday excursion or facility it has advertised in media, website or in the planned itinerary and substitute by service of similar class or types, if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- In either of the above cases, the Organization shall not be liable for any refund / compensation whatsoever.
- Tour prices are subject to change should airfare and exchange rate alter or due to increases / or introduction of any tax or any surcharge levied by the suppliers / airlines.
- There will be no refund to Clients for any unutilized services, if not availed by the Clients or if Client/s takes any alternate service on his/their own.
- It is understood that a Client has read and understood the itinerary, cost implication, payment schedule and terms & conditions of ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS. before signing the Tour Registration Forms or / and making payments towards the tour and services.
- In the event a Client is not allowed to board a flight, where he was duly booked for, whatever the cause may be the Client cannot hold ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS responsible for same and any cancellation charges arising out of same and will have to borne by the Client. Though the ticket issued to the Client for a particular sector may have confirmed status, due to overbooking of seats the airline may offload any Clients and accommodate him on a subsequent flight for which the Organization will not be responsible.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to hold valid documents to enter into a country such as passport, visa, Health Insurance, and Vaccination etc. Where”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS. needs to apply for any visa or other documents on behalf of the Client, he/she needs to furnish all documents required by such authority. However”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS will not be liable or responsible for refusal of same by the appropriate authority.
- It is advisable that the Client should acquire adequate insurance cover to secure their life, health and property. It is to be noted that”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS Under no circumstances whatsoever will be liable to the Client or any other person for any death, personal injury, accident, loss, delay discomfort, increase in expense, consequential loss or damage to baggage, personal effects howsoever caused.
- Any complaint by the Client must be notified to ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYSin writing within 07 days (Seven Days) from end of the tour. Otherwise no complaint to be granted as valid complaint.
- ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS reserves the right to cancel any bookings, the tour or part thereof of the Client and / or any services booked by the Client due to force-majeure circumstances which are beyond the control of the Organization and in such circumstances no claim / compensationwhatsoever shall accrue / arise against DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS
- It is made clear that all differences/disputes howsoever arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be resolved through discussion failing which, by arbitration. The discussions shall be held in the spirit of resolution of the issues that have arisen with the intention of resolving the issues amicably at the earliest. If the applicant is not satisfied with the outcome of the discussions, within 15 (fifteen) days from the receipt of the response, it shall resort to arbitration. In such circumstances, the parties shall be bound to submit all disputes and differences howsoever arising out of or in connection with this agreement to arbitration to be held in accordance with the regulations of The Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and any amendments made thereof by one or more Arbitrators. The parties hereby agree that the decision of the Arbitrator/s shall be binding on them. The place of arbitration shall be Kolkata, India. The language to be used in the arbitration proceedings shall be English.
- All claims, disputes of whatsoever nature relating to the tours / services of ”DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS are subject to Indian Law and Subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Kolkata Courts only.
- Any payments including payments for supplements/optional made within 07 days prior to the tour departure date will have to be paid in cash / bankers cheque. The PAN card copy will be required when payments amounting Rs.25000 or above are made by cash.
- AMMENDMENTS by Clients – A transfer from one tour to another will be treated as cancellation from one tour and a fresh booking on another. Therefore Cancellation Charges will apply. In case a Client wishes to change his onward / return date of journey, airlines levies a deviation charge in such event which will be intimated and the Client needs to pay such charges. Also incase on the changed date the seats are unavailable on the desired class of booking, Client needs to pay the supplement for the difference in class of booking if any.
- CANCELLATIONS – As the Organization book services in advance and are bound to honor the commitments as to payment to the suppliers, cancellation of services earmarked results in the Organization losing money depending upon the time of communication of cancellation to the supplier and therefore, the client/s will have to agree to adhere to the cancellation policy / schedule and the same shall also form a part of the Contract. The Cancellation Policy / Schedule for the entire range of services or part thereof will be mentioned in the booking form and may vary from one tour to the other.
- If circumstances make the Client/s cancel the tour or part thereof or any services, the cancellation must be intimated to the Organization in writing as per the schedule mentioned hereinabove in Clause No. 19 and the said communication has to be sent to the official e-mail id of the Organization followed by registered post, which has to be sent to the registered office address in Kolkata, India.
- Refunds (if any) for amendments and/or cancellations will be paid by DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS or through Travel Agent / Preferred Sales Agent through whom the Client/s have forwarded the payment to the Organization. It would take at least 30 days to process refunds. Any refunds, whether payment received in Indian rupees or foreign exchange will be affected in Indian Rupees only at the prevailing Foreign Exchange buying rate. There is no refund payable for any unutilized Services (e.g. Meals, Entrance Fees, Hotels, Cruise, etc.).
IF YOU APPLY FOR VISAS THROUGH THE ORGANIZATION
It is convenient and safe to have the Visa applications made to the concerned Consulates / Authorities through DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS However, for certain visas including the visas for USA and UK, the Client would have to attend personal interview at their own cost.As granting or rejecting visas and immigration clearance is the sole prerogative of the concerned sovereign governments, “DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS shall neither be responsible in case of non-granting of such documents nor liable for any delay, denial or other related act/omission or for any loss, expense, damage or cost resulting there from.
You should ensure that you submit the relevant documents and photographs within the stipulated time as mentioned in the Documentation Check List given to you at the time of booking of the tour. Any additional information, details and documents, you possess to support the visa applications should be made available to DISCOVERY HOLIDAYS The organization would not be responsible in any way in case any clerical error regarding names, attachment of wrong photographs, duration, type of visa (single / multiple entry) occurs in the consulate / embassy. The client shall be fully responsible to check the visas, their validity, details and the correctness thereof. In the event the application for visa made by you or the Organization on your behalf is rejected by the concerned Embassy or Authorities due to inadequate supply of documents furnished by the applicant or due to any other reason whatsoever, the organization shall not be liable or responsible for the same.
The cost of processing visas is not included in your Tour Price unless provided otherwise. The visa fee when prescribed includes the actual visa charge, cost of processing fees, the professional charges of the Organization and overheads. Even if visas are rejected, the stipulated fees of the Organization shall be payable by you. There would be no refund, if any one unable to travel due to the said reasons. In such cases, the non-refundable deposit paid by you shall be forfeited and no claim whatsoever shall be made for the same and the cancellation schedule shall be applied in addition as applicable.
If the passports are required to be mailed for visas / POE to different cities, organization would mail the passports by reputed courier. In case of loss or delay of the passport arising out of such transmission, organization would not be responsible to compensate the holder for any loss whatsoever.
The position in respect of cancellation of Tour by you due to non-availability of travel documents would not change only by virtue of your having applied for such documents through the Organization.
In the event that a client is unable to travel on the tour originally booked by him, due to rejection of visas by the concerned embassy, the Organization may in its discretion offer such client an option to postpone his tour to other available date. In such case the transfer fee for the transfer of the tour shall apply. In case the Client declines the offer, the cancellation schedule shall apply.
All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances the responsibility of the Client. It is advisable that the Client does not carry valuables during travelling. However, if the Client carries any valuables, the same should preferably be kept in the Safe Deposit Lockers, that are commonly made available in most of the hotels.
PROMOTIONS / OFFERS / SCHEMES
Please note that in case of special offers, promotions or schemes additional terms and conditions of these offers, promotions or schemes will be applicable in addition to these terms and conditions.
You might have to adhere to the payment schedule prescribed under such offers, promotions or schemes in order to be eligible to avail benefits under such offers, promotions or schemes. If you fail to make the payment by the due date and/or do not comply with all the terms and conditions of the offer, promotion or scheme you would not be entitled to receive the benefit under such offer, promotion or scheme.