Booking Policy - India Market
Circulation date: 17th September, 2013
This policy supersedes all earlier versions.
The cancellation policy of Star Cruises shall apply as follows:
Cancellation Policy for All Itineraries Except 1 Night CNW Cruises (All Vessels)
|Any Cruise Length (except 1 night)||Cancellation Charges (per person)|
|30 days and more prior departure||25% of Full Fare|
|29 – 15 days prior departure||50% of Full Fare|
|14 – 08 days prior departure||75% of Full Fare|
|07 days or less prior departure||100% of Full Fare|
|No Show / No Written Notice||100% of Full Fare|
Cancellation Policy for 1 Night CNW Cruises (All Vessels)
|Cruise Length 1 Night CNW||Cancellation Charges (per person)|
|29 – 14 days prior departure||25% of Full Fare|
|13 – 06 days prior departure||50% of Full Fare|
|05 days or less prior departure||100% of Full Fare|
|No Show / No Written Notice||100% of Full Fare|
An amendment fees shall be charged at INR 1000 per passenger for the following:
- Change of Passenger Name.
- Swapping passenger / rooming list.
- Change of Cruise Departure Dates.
- Downgrading of Cabins.
- Change of Vessel.
- Down sell itinerary.
- Amendment fees are applicable for amendments requested until 08 working days prior to departure post which no amendments will be allowed. Any amendments received 07 working days or below to the departure date will be charged 100% cancellation.
- No charge shall be levied for the Upgrading of Cabins.
- No charge shall be levied for upsell of itinerary provided that the original departure is remaining.
- 100% cancellation fee will be applicable for change of cruise departure date, downsell of itinerary and cabin category, 7 days or less before departure. This is applicable for cruise length more than 1 night.
- Postponement of cabin is allowed once and should be within 6 months of the original booking date. No cooling period applicable for postponement of cabins.
- Prevailing rates will be applicable for change of departure date.
- As for 1 night cruise to nowhere; 100% cancellation fee will be applicable for change of cruise departure date 5 days or less before departure.
- 100% cancellation fee will be applicable for any changes or amendments for super peak season i.e. Christmas & New Year period sailings.
- Change of all passengers in the original cabin will be treated as cancellation and prevailing rates will be applied for the new booking. Cancellation fee will be based on Cancellation policy.
Please contact Star Cruises Regional Office in regards to Group Policy and more information on above policy. The above information is accurate at the time of printing and is subject to Star Cruises Terms & Conditions. Star Cruises reserves the rights to change the policies at any time without prior notice.
- Contract of carriage is subject to the terms and conditions of carriage of the Operator and Owner and the attention of guests traveling on Star Cruises vessels is drawn to the Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket Contract (“the Passage Contract”) which constitutes the terms of the contract for carriage. Copies of the Passage Contract can be obtained from appointed travel agents, Star Cruises offices or on Star Cruises’ website at www.starcruises.com. The following advice is a summary of certain important clauses in the Passage Contract and is not exhaustive.
- FOR THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF OUR PASSENGERS AND CREW, STAR CRUISES RESERVES ITS ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO ALTER, SHORTEN, LENGTHEN OR CANCEL THE CRUISE AND/OR ANY PART OF THE ADVERTISED SCHEDULE AT ANY TIME, WHETHER PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE DEPARTURE OF THE CRUISE AND BY REASON OF AN EVENT OF FORCE MAJEURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITION, ACCIDENT AND OTHER ACTS OF GOD) OR OTHERWISE. STAR CRUISES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO THE PASSENGERS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR CAUSED BY SUCH CHANGE SAVE AND EXCEPT THAT THE SAID LOSS OR DAMAGES IS CAUSED SOLELY AND DIRECTLY BY GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF STAR CRUISES WHICH SHALL BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS SET OUT IN THE PASSAGE CONTRACT.
- Star Cruises reserves the right to pass on any increase in the cost of transportation, taxes, fuel charges, or accommodation or extra cost due to the exchange rate changes, subject to the Passage Contract.
- Money paid to the appointed agency or other third party is held on your behalf until such time as it is paid to Star Cruises.
- Star Cruises’ liability in the case of death of or personal injury to a Guest shall not exceed the sum of US $70,000 per Guest including medical costs, disability compensation, etc (or whatsoever); and in the case of loss of or damage to property, the sum of US $300/- per Guest, or US $5/- per kilogram of the item lost or damaged or US $75/- per bag or piece of luggage, whichever is lowest.
- The Guest and the Carrier do hereby irrevocably agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Passage Contract or the transportation and services provided or to be provided by the Carrier in respect of the Passage Contract shall be determined by the Courts in Malaysia or Singapore at the sole option of the Carrier and shall be governed under Malaysian Laws.
- GUESTS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT ALL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, VISAS AND OTHER IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS (WHICH MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING APPLICABLE EXAMPLES; ORIGINAL PHOTO ID, BIRTH CERTIFICATES FOR CHILD BELOW 12 YEARS OLD, PASSPORT VALIDITY OF AT LEAST 6 MONTHS) ARE IN ORDER AND COMPLIED WITH PRIOR TO DEPARTURE FROM THEIR HOME COUNTRY. NO REFUND OR COMPENSATION WILL BE MADE TO GUESTS WHO ARE DENIED EMBARKATION RESULTING FROM NON-COMPLIANCE OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS.
- Passage for a pregnant woman will only be permitted before her 24th week of pregnancy at the time of sailing.
- All heating devices such as iron, cooking plate, water heater and etc are strictly prohibited onboard the vessel.
- Please keep your access card (Mag Card) safely during the cruise, as you will need to use the card upon embarking and disembarking at ports and also to present it in order to collect passport on arrival at your final destination.
- The Immigration Authorities from all Ports of Call require Star Cruises to submit full passport details (i.e. full name according to Identity Card/Passport, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number and expiry date) 5 days prior to your cruise departure date. Failure to provide this information will result in inconveniences such as delayed departures and disembarkation.
- ALL GUESTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM BRINGING ANY ALCOHOL AND/OR ALCOHOLIC DRINK ONBOARD THE SHIP.
- Guests are advised to login to www.starcruises.com to submit their details and emergency contact.
- Message from our Travel Partner, Mondial Assistance :
- Cancellation Insurance is included with your booking*, which covers up to the full value of your cruise package less any refunds and travel agent service charges.
- Through Mondial Assistance, your cruise package value is protected if you have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
- For full details on the terms and scope of cover, and other travel insurance options, please visit http://starcruises.mondial-assistance.com.
- To speak with an insurance specialist, please call us at +65-6327 2210/2215.
- The Cancellation Insurance does not cover booking by members using point redemption, or cruises sponsored or given as complimentary by the company.
- This Cancellation Insurance is provided by Mondial Assistance (Asia) Pte Ltd as agent for the underwriter Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore Ltd.